Friday, February 6, 2009

Love Bug!

So I drove a 1972 Orange Super Beetle to High School. I was AWESOME! My Dad had it and we even drove it as a family car when my brother and I were really little and then it sat for a long time and I always said to my Dad, "Dad you are going to fix that up for me to drive when I am 16 huh" My Dad would always say sure. Well one day I got home from school and he was fixing it and getting it to run. Then another time I came home and he had taken it and got new tires and these cool rims that had gold spinners on them. I was set and so lucky.

So when Branden's teacher sent home a note to make a Love Bug out of a shoe box for his valentines this it what I thought of my old 1972 Love Bug.

(Marcus do you want me to give you a ride home from work * ie Pizza Depot at age 16 Don't mind the heater it has a mind of it's own. This would take another post to fill you in on Marcus and I )

Branden's Valentine Box /Mom gone crazy with flash backs.
I think it turned out pretty good but if I made it again I do have some adjustments to make. I think it will look so cute sitting on Branden's desk on Valentines Day at School

6 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

Okay, that is so cute, it makes me want one too! Very creative! So now blog to us about the pizza depot story!

Winn Family said...

Are you kidding me? That was amazing!!! I could never in a million years put that together! What did you do for those tires? And the curves--woo woo, I tell you what--that's awesome (nothing compared to a square box with some paint on it that I would have done though) Very well done!

JAB0218 said...

Very cute Em! You are so creative. I am going to have to pick your brain when I have to come up with something for Hailie!!!
Love Ya
Annette

amy hunter said...

I LOVE the lovebug! You are so cute and creative!

Tukuafu's said...

I love it! I'll need to come out there when my kids have crafty projects that need to be done!

pam said...

HELLO?????? That was amazing!! Good job, Em! Branden will have the cutest valentine box at school!!!


Marcus, Emilie, Branden & Anthony